Review: "House, Cute House", Deborah Nidlman
Many of us were brought to scroll through the magazines with stylish interiors, but not everyone came the idea that I realize my fantasies on this topic is quite real. The book will tell you in which direction to move, even if you do not have a profile education.
In the original, the book is called The Perfectly Imperfect Home, which is literally translated as "perfect imperfect house". And this name fully reflects what you will find inside the book.
Deborah Nidlman talks about how to breathe life into the interior, reflect your personality in it, about what you should be comfortable and "if in real life there is a disorder, emergency situations, memories and chance, then all this is permissible And even preferably in the design of the house ".
Most people have very stable stereotypes regarding the interior. As a rule, stamps rooted in society are used, for example, in the bathroom of the wall, lined with tiles, in the rest of the rooms – often encountered uniform wallpapers. The beautiful interior is not necessarily expensive, and a common misconception that in a beautiful interior you need to sacrifice the convenience in favor of the idea, in the book. You will read Debora’s work and realize what you want the soul to your home.
The book is designed for the mass reader and on colleagues on the workshop – interior designers, decorators. She will be leadership to action for many, and here you will not hold back: illustrations of bold, screaming, exciting fantasy. The book will help to breathe in each room atmosphere of heat and comfort.
Designers of interiors it will help for several reasons. First, the book really inspires, if not wondering. This is an affordable publication that is gaining popularity that can bring us more with your favorite customers. There is nothing more interesting than the implementation of the interior in the tandem with the client.
Secondly, the illustrations of realized objects known to us decorators can make a different look at the form of sketching. I personally work not only in the technique of hand graphics, but when I resort to 3D visualization, always make preliminary sketches. It seems to me that there is not only beauty and charm in manual chart, but also the moment technical. There is an opportunity and even the need to think through all the little things that will then pop up in a construction site.
Thirdly, on the pages a lot of air. It’s like when on a large sheet you need to build an antique head, Socrates, Caesar, or a head from nature, leaving in a face, looks more space for philosophical digresses, and in our case – for notes. So do not be afraid to spoil the pages, they are waiting for our thoughts and add-ons to notes.
Interested in creating a beautiful interior reader the book will help in several aspects. It is not difficult to understand them, since the book is divided into 13 chapters, each of which reveals the most important components of the interior.
I would like to give some of them.
- Remember that the furniture is not nailed to the floor. This life implies some flexibility. As in many ways, from clothes to hairstyle, a little mess – sometimes just what you need.
- Do not be afraid to give bright paints of the hallway. Being a passing room, she is energized and the wallpaper with a cheeky pattern, and unexpected saturated colors – all that in the living room or bedroom would have drowned you crazy.
- The lesson for the overthrow of the traditional domination of chromium and ceramic tiles is to learn it. Your bathroom is shining, like a hygienic laboratory. Like any other room, the bathroom is worth filling it comfort and charge a feeling of a happy life.
- Each room should have at least one good antique thing to give a feeling of constancy. The interiors look spontaneous and idle, if they don’t have a single sophisticated, good-quality subject, which would give solidity by their age. I will give you a hint: in every city there is a flea market, it remains only to know where and what days you can visit it.
- The carpet can serve as the starting point of the palette in the room, suggesting the color of the walls and textiles, or the other colors that are already there.
- The optimal height of the lamp for reading is at the level of the eye, and not above the head (contrary to the multitude of delusions). Proper chandelier will illuminate your book or tablet, and not head.
Closer to the end of the work the author is divided by a list of good books. I would recommend listening to her tastes.
Here are some of the recommendations listed by it:
- ELSIE DE WOLFE, THE HOUSE IN GOOD TASTE (2004 Reissue of 1914, Rizzoli);
- David Hicks, Living With Design (1979, Littlehampton Book Services);
- Martin Wood, John Fowler: Prince of Decorators (2007, Frances Lincoln).
Deborah through the book "House, Cute House" brought to many simple idea that the beautiful, stylish interior could be created by himself.