What can you learn about yourself from DNA test
1. Is there any wines that you can’t lose weight
Your weight by 40-60% depends GENE-Diet Interaction and Weight Loss from genetics. Genes affect your appetite and define Genetics of Dietary Habits and Obesity – A Twin Study. food preferences.
Even how you perceive the taste of food, is determined by your genes. For example, some people do not feel Genetics of Individual Differences in Bitter Taste Perception: Lessons from The Ptc Gene. Taste of a substance called Phenyltocarbamide (FTK), others seems bitter. Last tolerate can not broccoli and Brussels cabbage, can not drink coffee without milk and sugar.
For your love for sweetly responsible genes encoding taste receptors MAMMALIAN SWEET TASTE RECEPTORS. T1R3 and T1R2. The varieties of these genes depends on how much sugar will be in your cup with tea and how many cakes you can eat at once. In his love, you can also blame genetics, and more precisely, the CD36 MECHANISM OF FAT Taste Perception: Association With Diet and Obeesity, encoding taste receptors and the responsible for the perception of flavor of fat.
Genetics affects Gene-Diet Interactions in Obesity. And on how the fat will accumulate and split. This confirms Genetic Effects in Human Energy Expenditure Components. An experiment, during which scientists found out that the diet with a surge of calories affects people in different ways. Under the same conditions, some people scored 4 kg – only 40% of the extra calories were postponed in the form of fat, others scored 13 kg and learned in the form of fat all 100% of unnecessary calories.
This does not mean that you certainly have to blame your genes. Overweight can also cause external factors: constant stress or habit of overeating, learned since childhood.
To find out to accurately, if you have a predisposition to excess weight, you can go through the DNA test MyGenetics. It is enough to spend once in his life to learn about the genetic features of its body. Analysis of the genes responsible for food behavior will help find out what is the real problem of excess weight.
Even if you learn that genetics is really to blame for extra kilograms, it will not get rid of them without a diet. Ideal for myself a diet can also be chosen on DNA.
2. How to eat to always be in the form
General recommendations for healthy diet are approximately the same: more vegetables and protein, less sugar and saturated fats. Such a diet will not harm health, but as far as it is effective, depends on the genetic predisposition.
People with the changed "gense of obesity" FTO requires a high-protected FTO GENOTYPE and 2-year Change in Body Composition and Fat Distribution in Response to Weight-Loss Diets: The Pounds Lost Trial. diet. Such people have an increased appetite even after receiving food, and the dietary protein, unlike fats and carbohydrates, provides Protein, Weight Management, and Satiety a sense of saturation and saves it for a long time.
People with CC-genotype TCF7L2 gene shows Dietary Fiber Intake Modulas The Association Between Variants in TCF7L2 and Weight Loss During A Lifestyle Intervention. High fiber and reduced carbohydrate carbohydrates TCF7L2, Dietary Carbohydrate, and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes in US Women. . Since this gene is associated with blood glucose levels, fiber consumption and reduction of carbohydrates will help not only support weight, but also reduce Metabolic Effects of Dietary Fiber Consumption and Prevention of Diabetes. Risk diabetes of second type.
Some people may have fatty foods and do not get fat, others are less: all the extra grams of fat immediately find themselves in fat stocks. To find out how fatty food affects you, you need to analyze the PPARG Interaction Between A PEROXISOMOME PROLIFERATOR-ACTIVATED RECEPTOR GAMMA GAME POLYMORPHISM AND DIETARY FAT INTAKE IN RELATION TO BODY MASS. . It encodes a gamma receptor in adipose tissue, which is responsible for oxidation of fatty acids and cell division – fatty fabric predecessors. People with a 12ALA allele of the PPARG gene is a gamma receptor activity reduced, as a result, dietary fat almost does not affect their number of fat cells.
In addition, some people are contraindicated milk, butter, animal fat and other sources of saturated fatty acids. People with A-genotype Fabp2 Ala54thr Polymorphism of the Fatty Acid Binding Protein 2 Gene and Saturated Fat Insulin Resistance: The Coronary And Insulin Resistance: The Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (Cardia) Study. From consumption of more than 53.2 g rich fats per day increases "bad" cholesterol, they quickly assimilate saturated fatty acids, which contributes to the accumulation of fat.
In addition, some people do not need to drink milk at all, and not only because of the danger to recover. About 75% of the total population of the Earth to one degree or another has Lactose intolerance: Diagnosis, Genetic, and clinical factors Lactose intolerance – Diaxic Dairy Products.
MyGenetics DNA test will help determine which diet is needed to you: how many proteins, fats, carbohydrates and fiber must be able to lose weight and maintain weight, and what products should be completely eliminated. The test results are presented in the form of understandable recommendations: what to add to remove and how to make a menu for a week.
3. What you risk getting sick
The inherited diseases include such dangerous ailments as:
- Type diabetes. This disease can cause Genetic Screening for the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes mutations in genes responsible for the production of insulin and the sensitivity of the body to this hormone.
- Cardiovascular diseases (CVD). Genetics of Human Cardiovascular Disease are influenced by the number of "bad" cholesterol – one of the main causes of CVD. In addition, genetic mutations can cause various violations like the aneurysm of the chest aorta.
- Tseliacia. This is a disease in which proteins are gluten and close to it damage the intestines for the nurse and cause problems with digestion. It is well known 45 locis of The Genetics of Celiac Disease: A Comprehensive Review Of Clinical Implications. , increasing the risk of this disease. DNA test helps to identify the intolerance of gluten, go on time to a diet without wheat, semolina, rye and other products with high gluten and avoid digestive problems.
- Alzheimer’s disease. In the risk factors of this disease, the Genetics of Alzheimer Disease is coming immediately after old age and is present in 80% of cases.
Most often genetics only increases the risks of the disease, but cause its environmental factors: improper nutrition, lack of physical exertion, harmful habits and bad ecology. Having learned about your predisposition, you can change the way of life in time.
4. Do you need to drink vitamins
The shortage of vitamins does not always occur due to improper nutrition, sometimes the increased need for vitamin is determined by genetics. Here are a few vitamins necessary for the body, the deficit of which can be laid in genes:
- Vitamin D. Changes in the genes responsible for metabolism and transportation of vitamin D in the body can cause Genes May Play a Role in Vitamin D Deficiency its deficit. In the future, this problem increases the risk of the diabetes of the second type, CVD and some types of cancer.
- Vitamin B9. People with impairment of the MTHFR gene is oppressed by the restoration of folic acid. This leads to an increase in the level of toxic connection – homocysteine, development of cardiovascular diseases, depressed Thermolabile Variant of Mthfr Is Associated with depression in the British Women’s Heart and Health Study and a Meta-Analysis. and complications during pregnancy Association of Parental HyperhomocySteineMia and C677T Methylene Tetrahydrofolate Reductase (MTHFR) Polymorphism with Recurrent Pregnancy Loss. .
- Vitamin A. GENETIC VARIATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH VITAMIN A STATUS AND VITAMIN A BIOVAILITY β-carotene and retinol – Vitamin A varieties depends on genetic features. Changes in genes are hampered by Genetic Link to Vitamin a Deficiency to convert β-carotene from food to Vitamin A. This reduces immunity and oppresses the antioxidant protection of the body.
DNA test will help find out which vitamins you lack, whether you need to take additives or sufficiently diversify the diet of useful food.
5. How do you react to coffee
Genetics affects the speed of caffeine metabolism, for which the Cyp1a2 Cyp1a2 gene is responsible for this. Genotype Modifies The Association Between Coffee Intel. . Most healthy people have coffee metabolized on average in 40 minutes, but the slow version of the gene leads to the fact that the metabolic rate is reduced.
It increases the load on the heart and increases blood pressure. Therefore, someone can drink 3-4 cups of coffee per day and feel great, and someone significantly deteriorates well-being after one portion. Also this option affects the number of coffee consumed per day.
In addition, genetics affects Genetics of Caffeine Consumption and Responses to Caffeine and on the effect of caffeine: some people have problems with sleeping coffee, there are no such problems. DNA test helps to find out which negative effects can cause caffeine and how much coffee can be drunk without harm to sleep and health.
6. Is it possible to blame genetics in its dependencies
The lucky ones who tried to smoke and did not earn a dependence, most likely made it thanks to the genes.
Genetics Determines the Genetics of Smoking and Nicotine Addiction. The number of receptors with which Nicotine will interact, and how quickly it will be recycled. These factors increase the risk of dependence and affect the Association Between Genetic Variants on Chromosome 15Q25 Locus and Objective Measures of Tobacco Exposure. on how many cigarettes a person will smoke a day.
The same with alcohol: Many people drink it, but only some develop a strong dependence. The tendency to alcoholism is determined by Genetics and Alcoholism genetics by 45-65%, for the remaining interest – the environment.
7. How much can you drink not to become an alcoholic
The DNA test helps to find out if you have a predisposition to some kind of dependencies: alcoholism, smoking, increment. How well you carry alcohol depends on the features of its processing. These features are encoded in genes and are inherited.
Some people carry alcohol badly: their mutters with a pair of glass, and in the morning it pursues a terrible hangover. For this, I must say thanks to two groups of enzymes: Aldehydhegegenase (ALDH) and alcoholdehydrogenase (ADH).
If the activity of the enzyme The Genetics of Alcohol Metabolism: Role of Alcohol Dehydrogenase and Aldehyde dehydrogenase and Aldehyde dehydrogenase and Aldehyde dehydrogenase Variants ADH, ethanol will quickly recycle in the liver to acetaldehyde – a poisonous compound that causes the poisoning of the body. Also poisoning can cause an inactive Aldh enzyme. Without it, acetaldehyde will not turn into safe acetic acid, accumulated in the body and cause poisoning. A person with such features there are no chance to become an alcoholic.
But the tolerance of Alcohol Tolerance Associated with Family History to alcohol, on the contrary, increases the risk of acquiring addiction. If there were cases of alcoholism in the family, the human body is faster adapts to the action of alcohol, so for a pleasant effect you need to drink more.
With the help of DNA test, you can find out how the metabolism of alcohol is held in your body, how quickly it is displayed and in what doses it can be drunk without risk dependence.
eight. What kind of sports you succeed
No matter how much you wanted to believe that a person can succeed in any sport, it is not. For each sport, there is a set of physical qualities, without which it is difficult to achieve large heights.
Exploring the organism of elite athletes, scientists have discovered Genetics of Athletic Performance more than 200 genes affecting blood flow to muscles, their structure, oxygen transportation, lactate turnover and energy production. All this affects the success in sports.
Here are some indicators and their dependence on genetics:
- Power. This indicator is important for sports such as sprint, heavy athletics, jumps and other disciplines that use explosive force – the ability to make maximum power in the minimum time. If power is important for sports, a person should have enough fast muscle fibers of the second type. Their number determines the Actn3 Genetic Influence On Athletic Performance gene encoding Alpha Aktinin-3 protein. Also, for powerful movements, genes encoding the angiotensin gluttering enzyme Genetics of Athletic Performance (ACE). People with allele D develop greater power and increase power in response to workouts.
- Aerobic endurance. This is the ability to work for a long time with low power. The indicator is important for running on medium and long distances, triathlon, ski racing, rowing, cycling, tourism. Scientists have discovered Adrenergic-Beta (2) Receptor Polymorphism and Athletic Performance. , that the ADRB2 gene affects the development of aerobic endurance. People with a certain polymorphism of this gene have higher aerobic capabilities and train aerobic stamina faster.
- Muscle mass. This indicator is important for power sports and bodybuilding. The size of the muscle mass depends on the number of quick muscle fibers: the more their muscles will be more, the muscles will be faster and faster. The already mentioned Actn3 gene is influenced on fast muscle fibers, as well as the presence of rare mutations in the MSTN gene encoding the peptide Miostatin. Without this, the Muscle Massive gene will extend faster.
If you do not have a genetic predisposition to some kind of sport, it does not mean that he is contraindicated. You can do anything, but be prepared for low results.
MyGenetics DNA test will help find out what kind of sports you or your child are predisposed. Even if you do not plan to participate in competitions, always more pleasant to do what it turns out.
nine. What to do to pump muscles
To keep yourself in uniform, you need exercises and a correct diet, but how much and how will you have to do to achieve results depends on your genetics.
For example Variability in Muscle Size and Strength Gain After Unilateral Resistance Training. , In some people in 12 weeks of progressive loads, muscles can increase by 59%, and others have only 2%. Imagine: three months of heavy workouts in the gym and 2%, which you will not even notice!
Your ability to build muscle depends on many factors, for example:
- Number of Potent Myofiber Hypertrophy During Resistance Training In Humans Is Associated With Satellite Cell-Mediated Myonuclear Addition: A Cluster Analysis. Stem cells in myofibrils. These cells are at rest, until you need to restore the muscles after the load. Then they merge with muscle cells and donate their kernels for restoration and growth.
- Expression Cluster Analysis Tests The Importance Of Myogenic Gene Expression During Myofiber Hypertrophy in Humans. Moiogenin – a gene responsible for the growth of muscle mass – as well as the IGF-IEA gene responsible for the synthesis of a mechanical growth factor (MGF). In response to MGF muscle damage awakens sleeping myoblasts – young muscle cells – and accelerates the growth of muscle mass.
- Body reaction to muscle damage. VNTR IL-1RN gene is influenced by VARIABLE Number of Tandem Repeat Polymorphisms of the Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist Gene IL-1RN: A Novel Association With the Athlete Status on cytokines, enhances the inflammatory process and speeds up recovery after training.
Even if you hit the people who do not manage to grow muscle, do not despair. Just set up to what you need to train hard and longer than others.
ten. How not to get injured in training
Genetics can predict not only successes in sports, but also possible injuries. Scientists have discovered Applying Personal Genetic Data to Injury Risk Assessment in Athletes 124 DNA sequences responsible for common sports injuries: a break of anterior cross-shaped ligament, injuries of Achille tendon, osteoarthritis, vitamins deficiency and low mineralization of bones, threatening fractures.
Learning your weaknesses, you can choose sports with the least risks and take action in parallel to prevent injury. For example, with low mineralization of bones, take supplements to strengthen them, with the injuries of the Achillow tendon to stretch and strengthen the muscles of the ankle, with the weakness of the front cruciform of the bundle to swing muscles around the knee joint.
DNA test MyGenetics shows a complete picture of your capabilities and restrictions. You make it once and the rest of your life is used by the results: you eat right, achieve success in sports or fitness, support health and avoid injuries.
You do not need to come to the laboratory and donate blood: an exit specialist takes a sample of saliva with a smear from the inside of the cheek. After the test you will receive a description of the features of your body, tips and recommendations for nutrition, sports and maintenance of health.
You do not need to come to the laboratory: the courier will bring a kit for DNA testing home or office. To collect DNA you will need to spend a special cotton wand on the inside of the cheek, after which the courier will send a sample to the laboratory for research.
After the test you will receive a personal report with a description of the features of your body, tips and nutrition guidelines, sports and maintenance.