What does eac abbreviation mean on the packaging of goods
EAC – Abbreviation from English Eurasian Conformity, which means "Eurasian compliance". These letters are marked with products that have been checking, established by the technical regulations of the Customs Union, and meets all the requirements for this type of goods. The main criterion for which products are evaluated is safety.
Marking is applied to goods produced in the territory of the Customs Union, which includes Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, and imported from abroad.
What products should be the EAC sign
The list of goods that must be certified in accordance with the requirements of the Customs Union periodically expands. Now it includes:
- railway and motor transport;
- small vessels;
- Food products;
- Household appliances (kitchen appliances, irons, electric manicure devices – all that is included in the outlet);
- cables, wires, cords, extension cords;
- fuel and lubricants;
- petroleum products;
- Production Easy Industry (Fabric, Clothing, Shoes, Home Textiles, Leather and Fur Products);
- Perfumery and cosmetic products;
- Products for children and adolescents;
- personal protective equipment (gas mask and so on);
- Pyrotechnic products.
What are the requirements of the EAC marking goods
Requirements for each group of goods are registered in the relevant Regulations of the Customs Union. For example, toys are estimated at the following indicators:
- Safety for life;
- Materials from which a toy is made;
- organoleptic properties;
- physical and mechanical properties;
- Chemical properties;
- toxico-hygienic indicators;
- electrical properties;
- radiation safety;
- microbiological indicators;
For each product group, their safety criteria are formulated, which take into account the main risks.
What should be the sign EAC
EAC abbreviation can be recruited with Cyrillic or Latin. The letters for the regulations are located on a light or contrasting background and do not merge in color with packaging. The sign must be square (with a side of at least 5 mm) and distinguishable during the entire life of the product.
The lack of marking on the product on which it must be signals the consumer about the danger: the goods did not pass the required checks and can harm. However, if you order something directly from abroad, marking on the product may not be, even if it is excellent quality.
Where to look for EAC sign
EAC marking is applied to each unit of products and packaging, often it can also be found in the instructions or technical description. For spare parts, the label is allowed only to the primary packaging.