What is harmful: sweet sickness or juice?
This question sent our reader. You too can ask your question Lifehakuer – if it is interesting, we will answer.
How bad or the juices from the store are harmful or useful? And is there any difference: drink "Coca-Cola" or apple juice?
A huge amount of research Sugar and Artificially Sweetened Beverages Linked to Obesity: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis show that frequent consumption of saham-containing drinks can lead to the development of obesity and diseases associated with it – diabetes, gout and cardiovascular diseases.
Many health organizations have published guideline applications: Sugars Intake for Adults and Children, Action to Cut Sales Of Sugary Drinks, calling people to reduce the consumption of sweet drinks. And several countries went even further and introduced a tax on sweet gas. But despite this, such drinks continue to be popular among millions of people.
And what about fruit juice, which has the same sweet taste? Usually it is considered useful for health and much superior in its properties Sweet gas. That only more and more data intake of fruit, vegetables, and fruit juice and risk of diabetes in women, Review of 100% Fruit Juice and Chronic Health Conditions: Implications for Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Policy that fruit juice is actually no less bad for health than his carbonated neighbor in the store shelf. Let’s deal with.
We will look at three kinds of sweet drinks – gas production, as well as packaged and freshly squeezed fruit juice – and compare them in the following parameters:
- The presence of sugar. Fructose, glucose and sucrose are in a natural way in fruits and berries, a syrup consisting of fructose and glucose is used in sweet gas
- The presence of fiber. It helps to find a sense of saturation and, as a result, keep healthy weight, supports Dietary Fiber Intake and Mortality from Cardiovascular Disease and All Cancers: A Meta-Analysis of Prospective Cohort Studies, Dietary Fiber and Health Outcomes: An Umbrella Review of Systematic Reviews and Meta- Analyses Natural processes in the digestive tract, reduces the risk of diabetes, heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- The presence of trace elements and phytochemicals. Vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals perform in our body a number of vital functions – for example, prevent Eat for Life: The Food and Nutrition Board’s Guide to Reducing Your Risk of Chronic Disease development of diseases.
- The number of calories contained. Is a unit of measurement of the energy obtained from food. When you eat, your body uses it for a variety of purposes. And if you get more calories than you have time to burn, then they begin to deposit in the form of fat, the excess of which can harm the body.
- The presence of food additives. Colorants, stabilizers and flavoring agents are considered safe Overview of Food Ingredients, Additives & Colors, GRAS Notices, Food additives . However, the current scientific data does not allow us to make final conclusions. In addition, some additives in large quantities can lead Dietary emulsifiers impact the mouse gut microbiota promoting colitis and metabolic syndrome, Food Additives and Child Health, Common food additives and chemicals harmful to children, Effects of Food Additives on Immune Cells As Contributors to Body Weight Gain and Immune-Mediated Metabolic DysRegulation to the development of a number of diseases.
|Sweet soda||Packaged fruit juice||Freshly squeezed fruit juice||A comment|
|Sugar||There is||There is||There is||All drinks contain approximately 20-25 g (5-6 teaspoons) sugar on 250 ml beverage.|
|Cellulose||No||No||Differently||If adding the flesh in juice, then you will receive almost the same amount of fiber as from a solid fruit.|
|Microelements and phythodesivers||No||Differently||There is||Freshly squeezed juice is rich in vitamins and minerals. In the packaged juices, these nutrients are sometimes added during production.|
|Calories||110-130 Cal per 250 ml||110-130 Cal per 250 ml||110-130 Cal per 250 ml||Main source
Calories – Sugar.
|Nutritional supplements||There is||There is||No||Fresh juice –
The only one of Trey
drinks in which there will be no dyes,
Amplifiers of taste I
After comparison, we see that the palm of the championship in harm is still getting a sweet soda, although the packaged juice is not far behind it.
Freshly squeezed juice contains as many calories and sugar as the other two participants of our competition, but it is unlikely that these drinks will affect your health equally. For example, sweet carbonated drinks tend to increase a Lack of Consideration of a Dose-Response Relationship Can Lead to Erroneous Conclusions Regarding 100% Fruit Juice and The Risk of Cardiometabolic Disease, Long-Term Consumption of Sugar-Sweetened and Artificially Sweetened Beverages and Risk Of Mortality in US Adults Risk of a disease depending on the dose. This means that the more you drink, the higher the risk of the disease, even if you consume only small amounts.
If you wanted to drink a sweet drink, then choose fresh juice with flesh. He is rich in microelements and fiber that benefits your health. But do not forget about the number of calories. To stretch pleasure and not harm your health, you can dilute fresh juice mineral water.